☰

September 30, 2026

Gold or Silver? My Daily Chunky Earring Dilemma

Do you wear earrings a lot?

I don't leave the house without them. The rare times I've forgotten them, I feel off all day. Like something's missing. I just think earrings are really flattering on a face. Even on men, by the way!

Honestly, I feel so much more confident with earrings on. (Or, to be more accurate: I feel less confident without them. But that sounds a bit more negative.)

Personally, I wear the same earrings every single day. I have them in gold and in silver, and I have two pairs of each: a gold pair and a silver pair in Amsterdam, and the exact same set again in Sicily. Makes life easy. That way I never have to think very hard about which earrings to wear, because my options are extremely limited.

And even so. Would you believe I still sometimes stand there going back and forth? Should I go with the gold ones for this outfit, or the silver after all?

For travel, I have one extra pair that looks a lot like these.

Below, I've rounded up a few alternatives in the same vein for you. Just for inspiration.

So what do all these earrings have in common? They're chunky, as they say these days. Earrings with some body, in other words: thick, shiny shapes that feel bold but that you can still easily wear every day. Think puffy huggies that sit snug against your earlobe, hammered hoops that catch the light, ribbed and knotted versions with a sculptural twist, and even croissant teardrops for a touch of vintage glam.

You could call it quiet luxury with a wink: minimalist in shape, but with just enough texture and volume to stand out. Whether you go for a mini huggie as an everyday staple (like me), a statement hoop for date night, or an ear cuff because your ears aren't pierced, the idea is the same: one good pair of chunky earrings, and your look is done.

Just a quick disclaimer on this post to avoid any misunderstandings: my blog has no commercial purpose whatsoever. I don't earn anything from this post, and I'm not trying to sell you anything. The photos aren't mine; they're from the online shops themselves. That's why they link back to the source: as a photo credit, not to talk you into buying a pair of earrings.
Oval open gold earrings
1.
Oval open gold earrings, an effortless statement for a casual look.
Textured gold croissant teardrop earrings
2.
Lightweight croissant teardrops with a textured gold finish, a subtle statement with cozy knits or a sharp blazer.
Chunky puffy gold huggies
3.
Chunky, puffy gold huggies with a vintage-chic silhouette, from daytime look to date night.
Chunky gold hoop earrings
4.
Chunky gold hoops, a bold but wearable everyday staple.
Chunky ear cuffs in gold and silver
5.
Chunky ear cuffs in gold or silver: the hoop look, no piercing required.
Mini chunky gold hoops
6.
Mini chunky hoops with a thick, sleek silhouette, a minimalist basic for every day.
Two-tone ribbed gold and twisted silver hoops
7.
Two-tone hoops, ribbed gold paired with twisted silver rings, a real eye-catcher.
Sleek puffy huggies
8.
Sleek, puffy huggies, a timeless finishing touch from casual to chic.
Hammered gold hoops
9.
Hammered gold hoops with a light-catching texture, bold and minimalist at once.
Shiny silver chunky hoops
10.
Shiny silver chunky hoops, the trend in a fresh silver tone.
Knotted gold and silver hoops
11.
Knotted gold-and-silver hoops, a small statement that pairs beautifully with simple huggies or studs.
Silver-tone chunky hoops
12.
Versatile silver-tone chunky hoops for an effortless statement.

What do you think? Is this style of earrings your thing too? Which one's your favorite? Are you more of a gold or a silver person? Or are you like me and just can't choose?

Top photo: Mohammad Metri

P.S. Every Saturday, I put out a mini magazine called SATURDAYS With Diana. It's completely free, and if you subscribe, every issue lands right in your inbox. Want to take a peek at an issue? You can do that here.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful earrings. My wife always wears earrings. She has a few pairs of them, all gold because the people of Kerala (our state) love gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish photos were not used to make smoking glamorous. I love the idea of an article about earrings.

    ReplyDelete